Sunday 1 May 2016

Reading Roundup

I was very disappointed in myself last month and I made a promise that April would be better. It had to be if I wanted to keep on track with my Goodreads challenge. April has been a fantastic month for reading, despite having more deadlines looming, people visiting and starting a new job. So, here it is, my roundup for April, a record breaking month (for me, at least).

 My Life Next Door

Rating: ★★★★

I was expecting some Sarah Dessen-esque vibes, and I definitely got that. It was summer, it was romance, it was dramatic. It was everything I love in a book, with a gorgeous cover to match. 



Peter Pan

Rating: ★★★★★

I completely understand why my friend is so enchanted by this book. It's the kind of magic that isn't in your face. It's easy to accept and it pulls you in to a world that holds so much potential. It's an adventure you want to go on time and time again. I really enjoyed it, and can't believe I've only just got around to reading it properly.


Think Twice

Rating: ★★★★

I waited so. Long. For this book. And it snuck ahead of the next books in my TBR list. It was always going to be hard for Think Twice to live up to Don't Even Think About It. The initial experience of the unusual point of view and intriguing premise was gone, lowering the impact of this sequel. Despite that, I still thoroughly enjoyed revisiting all the characters. 




Am I Normal Yet?

Rating: ★★★★★

I'd heard very good things about this book, and can honestly say that it really deserves every good review it gets. If you're a fan of YA fiction this is a must-read. 





Those are all the books that got reviews this month, but for uni, I also got through Millions by Frank Cottrell Boyce, and Coraline by Neil Gaiman, both in one day I might add *beams with self pride*. And the quickest read of the month was The Sleeper and the Spindle, also by Neil Gaiman, illustrated by Chris Riddell (who, fun fact, I've been told is the first Children's Laureate to be both a writer and an illustrator). It's a beautiful little fairytale, a very subtle retelling of Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. 

So that brings my total this month to seven. SEVEN books in a month...not to mention the quarter I've already read of How Hard Can Love Be? 

No comments:

Post a Comment