Friday 1 April 2016

Reading Roundup

March has been a super busy month  deadlines, Easter holidays, job interviews  and my reading has experienced a bit of a slump. Which makes me sad, BUT the very few books, that is, two, which I've managed to fit in have been extremely good reads. And, I will be back on it for April. I will. I am DETERMINED. So, March's books:

Glass Sword

Rating: ★★★★★

Not going to lie, Glass Sword was pretty intimidating to look at. 400+ pages, the size of a hardback? If I hadn't been waiting for this book to come out, I would not have even tried. I don't think it was quite as good as Red Queen, but there were so many twists that I wasn't expecting, ones that had me scribbling in the margins. My full review isn't up yet, but it's going to be a special one, I promise. (Edit: it's here)



Blue Lily, Lily Blue

Rating: ★★★★★ 

I WILL finish this before the end of March *nervous laughter*. I'm so nearly finished but so far, much like the two before it, Blue Lily, Lily Blue is amazing. I won't gush too much here, I'll leave that for the full review, here. Plus, look, a gold star! 
(Edit: I finished it in the (very) early hours of April 1st...does that count?)


Like I said, I'm pretty disappointed in myself this month. It can only go up from here, right? 



No comments:

Post a Comment